Home Buying 101
Home Buying 101
The following information is provided to help demystify the process of buying a home. If your questions are not covered here, please do not hesitate to contact me. As a qualified, experienced Realtor® and full time Broker, I forward to being able to talk with you personally about your real estate needs.
- Are you Ready to Buy a Home?
- Mortgage Fundamentals - a few definitions
- Qualifying for a Mortgage
- Help for First-Time Home Buyers
- What about a Mortgage Pre-Approval?
- Mortgage Options
- Mortgage Calculator
- How to Save on your Mortgage
- Getting the Home Search Started: Budget & Location
- Searching for Your Next Home Made Simpler
- The Offer and Purchase
Are You Ready to Buy a Home?
Thinking about buying a home is very exciting. Home ownership can offer many benefits.
Purchasing a home allows you to:
- renovate and customize your space
- build equity
- generate rental income
A few questions to ask yourself to establish whether home ownership is a realistic option for you:
- Are you financially stable? In other words do you have a permanent job, steady income, savings and a good credit rating?
- Do you have the financial management skills and discipline to manage a large purchase?
- Are you willing and able to be responsible for all of the costs that come with being a homeowner?
- Do you have the time and money available to devote to regular home maintenance?
Buying a home can be an excellent financial investment when you are financially prepared, select your home carefully, and keep up with maintenance and repairs. If you are hoping to generate revenue by completing a ‘fixer-upper’ project, there are additional factors that need to be considered in your purchase decisions.
It is Important to get Good Advice
- Yamika and John
- Marsha and Jerry